Some of my favorite novellas. My only constraint: not books written in English.
In no particular order:
1. Molloy, by Samuel Beckett
2. Pedro Paramo, by Juan Rulfo
3. The Hour of the Star, by Clarice Lispector
4. Concrete, by Thomas Bernhard
5. The Ravishing of Lol Stein, by Marguerite Duras
6. Distant Star, by Roberto Bolaño
7. Woman at Point Zero, by Nawal el Saadawi
8. The Metamorphosis, by Franz Kafka
9. Woman in the Dunes, by Kobo Abe
10. The Centaur in the Garden, by Moacyr Scliar
Daniel Borzutzky is the author of Arbitrary Tales and The Ecstasy of Capitulation, and numerous works in translation. Find him HERE.